Latina – Quinoa
Serves 4 - 6
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- ½ tsp Green chillies, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Chicken broth – chicken yeast free
- ¾ cup Parsley, fresh, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup Spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- ¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
- Toast quinoa in a large pan over medium heat, stirring often, until it crackles and becomes aromatic, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a fine sieve and rinse thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add chillies and garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the quinoa and broth; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer, cover and cook until the quinoa is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add parsley, spring onion, lime juice and salt to the quinoa; mix gently and fluff with a fork. You can serve with pumpkin seeds.