Flourless Chocolate Cake/Muffins
- ¼ cup Boiling water
- 200g Coconut oil
- 180g Dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp Cacao powder, sifted
- 4 Eggs, separated
- 1 cup Stevia
- 2 cups Almond meal (ground almonds)
- Cacao powder, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced.
- Grease a 6cm deep, 22cm round (base) spring-form cake pan.
- Line base and side with baking paper.
- Place coconut oil, chocolate, cacao powder and mixture in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes or until melted and combined. Remove from heat. Transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar for 5 minutes or until thick. Set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add chocolate mixture and almond meal to egg yolk mixture. Stir to combine. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold half the egg whites into chocolate mixture. Repeat with remaining egg whites. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Cool cake completely in pan. Dust with cacao.