- 4 Bananas, ripe, smashed
- 3 Eggs, free range/organic
- 60g (2 tbsp) Coconut sugar or stevia
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 60g (¼ cup) Coconut oil or cold pressed olive oil
- ½ tsp Cinnamon, ground
- ½ tsp Baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 200g (2 cups) Almond meal or brazil nut meal
- 25g (¼ cup) Flaxseed (linseed) or chia seed, ground
- ½ cup Walnuts, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 160°C.
- Combine smashed banana, coconut sugar, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs, bicarb and lemon juice
- Add the almond/brazil nut meal and flaxseed and walnuts and mix well.
- Lightly oil one loaf tin. The size I used was: 10½cm wide and 26cm long or a muffin tray.
- Spoon batter into the tin or muffin tray and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour for tin or 25 minutes for muffins (a skewer inserted into the centre should come out clean).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before turning out the loaf or muffins.
- Makes 1 loaf, serves 12 or 12 muffins.
- Keeps covered in the fridge for up to 1 week.