Healthy Muesli Bars
Breakfast on the run or quick snacks!
(Commercially produced muesli bars are often full of processed sugar, milk and other additives. Make your own! It’s more economical and tastes delish.)
Makes about 20 bars
- 1 cup Rolled oats, you can use gluten free if you like
- 1 cup Desiccated coconut
- ½ cup Wheat germ or almond meal
- ½ cup Sesame seeds
- ½ cup Sunflower seeds
- ½ cup Pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup Ground LSA* (ground linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds)
- 1 cup Dried apricots chopped roughly
- 1 cup Coconut oil or butter
- 1 cup Raw honey
- 1 cup Hulled tahini
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 30cm square baking tin.
- In a saucepan, toast the rolled oats, coconut, wheat germ/almond meal and sesame and other seeds. Transfer to a bowl and cool.
- Add LSA.
- Now you can put all of the above into a food processor, add the apricots and pour in coconut oil, honey and tahini.
- When it’s all combined, press into baking tin. Mark the squares and bake for 20 minutes until brown.
- Allow to cool. Will keep for months in an airtight container.