Eggplant Salad Or Stir Fry
(Eggplants are high in antioxidants and fibre as well as vitamins A, C, B and folate). They have cancer fighting properties and they lower cholesterol.
Serves 3 - 4
- 3 medium Eggplants
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 pinch Black pepper, ground
- 2 tbsps Lemon juice
- 1 Tomato, cut into wedges
- Black olives
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- Almonds to garnish
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Pierce eggplant skin in several places with a fork. Arrange on a tray and bake for 25 minutes at 160°C.
- Let them cool and press with a fork to take out all the bitter liquid.
- Trim off the top stem end and bottom flower end and peel off the skin. Cut the eggplant into strips.
- Place in a serving bowl with the tomato, olives, onion and stir in the oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice until well mixed.
- Garnish with almonds. Serve immediately or chill for later.