Makes around 3 dozen bite-sized cookies
- 3 large, Ripe bananas, well mashed
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Coconut oil, barely warm - so it isn't solid (or alternately, olive oil)
- 2 cups Rolled oats - can use gluten free oats
- ⅔ cup Almond meal
- ⅓ cup Coconut, finely shredded & unsweetened
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Fine grain sea salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 170g Dark chocolate bar chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- In a large bowl combine the bananas, vanilla extract and coconut oil. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oats, almond meal, shredded coconut, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Drop dollops of the dough, each about 2 teaspoons in size, an inch apart, onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 - 14 minutes.