Argentine Arroz Con Pollo
My mums recipe!
Serves 4 - 6
- 8 pieces Chicken with bone, free range organic
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Red capsicum
- ½ cup Tomato passata sauce
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Oregano leaves
- ¼ tsp Chilli flakes
- 2 cups Rice, cooked or you can use quinoa if you like
- 1 cup Peas, cooked
- Place chicken pieces in a large saucepan over medium heat and brown on both sides in olive oil. Set aside and keep warm.
- Dice the capsicum, place in a pot, sauté in a tablespoon of oil until translucent.
- Add the tomato passata, chicken broth, paprika, oregano, chilli flakes and chicken pieces and cook over medium – low heat until the chicken is completely cooked through. This will take about an hour.
- Add the peas at the end.
- Serve with cooked warm rice or quinoa on a platter pouring the chicken stew over it. Enjoy! J